The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is seeking applications from enthusiastic students to assist with a research project in Burkina Faso.
During this internship, the interns will assist in the following research areas:
Capitalize on solid and liquid waste management, treatment and recovery technologies in Burkina Faso. This will be a detailed study on the status of the treatment of solid and liquid waste, as well as on the recycling models implemented in Burkina Faso (compost, biogas, briquette, etc.).
Duration: March 01, 2021 to June 30, 2021
Production of compost and biochar from fecal sludge and co-substrates (solid waste, etc.). This study will consist of pilot tests to optimize the production of compost and biochar from fecal sludge and other organic wastes available locally.
Duration: March 01, 2021 to August 31, 2021
Agricultural valuation of sanitation by-products (solid and liquid waste) in Burkina Faso. This study will enable agronomic trials (market gardening and fodder) to be carried out combining irrigation and the use of composts and the liquid residue of the biodigester.
Duration: June 01, 2021 to November 30, 2021
Market study of sanitation by-products in Burkina Faso. This study will consist of an estimation of production costs and an analysis of business opportunities for waste recycling in Burkina Faso.
Duration: June 15, 2021 to December 15, 2021
REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS, EXPOSURE AND SKILLS:
The specific requirements for each internship are as follows:
- Internship 1: MSc/PhD in environmental engineering or a related subject.
- Internship 2: MSc/PhD in environmental engineering, agronomy or a related subject.
- Internship 3: MSc/PhD in agronomy, rural engineering or a related subject.
- Internship 4: MSc/PhD in economics or a related subject.
In addition to the above, students should also possess the following:
- Excellent command of the French language (written and oral).
- Acceptable command of the English language (written and oral).
- Ability to comprehend complex written material.
- Proﬁciency in using Microsoft Oﬃce software (speciﬁcally Excel and Word).
- Strong self-motivation while being a team player.
- Integrity is of utmost importance.
The duration of the internship will be for a period of 4-6 months. This is a nationally recruited position and only Burkinabes are eligible to apply.
Your application should include the following:
- A cover letter describing why you consider yourself to be the most suitable candidate for the internship.
- Updated curriculum vitae.
Applications for internships 1 and 2 should be submitted no later than February 23, 2021 (Tuesday), 24:00 hours (GMT), and should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Research intern 1 – Burkina Faso’ or ‘Research intern 2 – Burkina Faso’.
Applications for internships 3 and 4 should be submitted no later than April 27, 2021 (Tuesday), 24:00 hours (GMT), and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Research intern 3 – Burkina Faso’ or ‘Research intern 4 – Burkina Faso’.
The French translation of this internship announcement can be accessed by clicking, French translation
IWMI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EMPHASIZES THE IMPORTANCE OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVENESS IN IDENTIFYING CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION & ITS STAFF MORE GENERALLY.
Important - Do not use the below ''Apply for this job'' option to send the application. All the applications should be emailed to email@example.com