1st African Water Integrity Summit
"Accelerating towards a Water Secure World" April 29-30 | Lusaka, Zambia
Marking the conclusion of a successful three-year regional integrity training programme in Sub-Saharan Africa, the Water Integrity summit aims to energise the African water community and African political actors’ to take resolute action against corruption. The summit is co-hosted by UNDP-Water Governance Facility, The Water Integrity Network, UNDP/Cap-Net, WaterNet and Stockholm International Water Institute. The online registration has just opened, register now!
Who should attend?
All interested stakeholders are welcome to attend the Summit, however the summit is designed to particularly appeal to:
- Water sector stakeholders in regulation, controlling, planning, policy development.
- Actors from ECOWAS, EAC-Lake Victoria Basin Commission and SADC countries who have been trained during the regional integrity programme.
- Stakeholders such as media, water users associations and advocacy organisations who demand accountability in water management.
- Representatives from the donor community
The summit is an opportunity for alumni to
- Engage with colleagues
- Participate in panel discussions
- Gain career enhancing knowledge
- Advance integrity practices.
Networking time will be built into the programme, enabling participants to talk to speakers on a one-to-one basis and meet peers and potential partners who share the same concerns and objectives.Deadlines for applications
- Abstract submission: March 17 2014
- Selection process: March 17 - March 31 2014
- Registration open: March 5 - March 31 2014
For more information visit www.watergovernance.org/integrity/summit